Austen is amazing us every day with his knowlege and vocabulary. A few times lately he has come to a firm conclusion in his mind on something we are talking about. Usually this is while driving...we'll see some horses in a pasture, he'll point them out saying "cows Mommy". I inform him that they are horses, to which he replies "probably cows". It is the cutest little sound when he says those 2 words. Really indescribable, perhaps I'll put it on our answering machine! Austen is learning to sit and draw or trace objects...for up to an HOUR at a time! He knows several shapes...oval, square, rectangle, circle, triange, star, heart...there may be a few more? His colors are very well, as are his numbers to 10...always forgetting about the #6. He recognizes ABC's and will now say "H..I" as he "reads" something. It is incredible how much a child learns!
Braeden's changing rapidly...is understanding so much more and will nod his head for yes.
His vocabulary consists of "moo" "baa" "llama" "mama" "mama"-sounding different for "grandma". And most recently "O-ma" He likes to wiggle his arms in the air when he hears music now...as if to dance or do actions. Very cute! He will give hugs when asked. Signs with his hands for "more" "please" and "thank you". He likes to look at books with animals, and yell "moo" a whole lot. He is very content with books and toys for most of the time, as long as Austen isn't taking them away from him. He can crawl up and down stairs, which has been very "freeing" for him! When it is quiet in the house, I do go looking for them, cause now who knows where they both are!
We just had a very nice break in Radium. Ben and Donna were with us for 2 days and then we spent 3 days as a family.
Well...seems I have written quite a bit, so I'll add a few pictures and call it a night...gotta get some sleep! Morning comes early!
1 comment:
How do I look at your pictures on Flicka? I can't seem to get in?
Post a Comment