Monday, August 20, 2007

Garden adventures!

Oh what fun! We just spent a while out "harvesting" our garden. I think there are WAY more weeds than plants, but what is there, looks good to me! Austen is such a huge help. He got right in to pulling carrots, and eating them (dirt and all!). Then off to the zucchini, he carried each one carefully over to the bucket. Digging potatoes was fun, the surprise of finding them under the plant! He was a great help in putting them in the bucket too! I dug up a worm, he was fascinated with that...calling it a snake and a lizard more than saying "worm".
We topped the carrots, he ate more than helped...then we took the tops out to the sheep and llama. He carried the bucket across the yard (wish I had taken a picture!! Oh the shock of me not!!), calling "Ramone"...the llama's name. He hand fed Ramone...saying "here Ramone" with each handfull. What a great little "farmer in training"!

What a joy to have these little guys to tag along with...although sometimes I will admit it doesn't feel quite a joyous!

Off I go to make lunch!!)

No comments: